Create your own art from the heart!… Paint your own Merlion and have Lion’s Pride!
Lion’s Pride – Art From The Heart! Embraces the Singapore Merlion, and transforms it into an icon of hope for the less fortunate in Singapore through the language of art. In support of President’s Challenge, ‘Lion’s Pride’ presents a campaign of fun art workshops, bespoke celebrity designed merlions and merchandise. ‘Lion’s Pride’ creates an emotional bridge for the public, foster a deeper understanding of the benefits of Art Therapy for many, whilst at the same time, raises funds for the less fortunate.
The President’s Challenge represents a coming together of people from all walks of life, under the President’s patronage, to help the less fortunate. It serves as a call to all Singaporeans to do their part to build a more caring and inclusive society.
Through a series of interactive art events such as painting workshops, exhibitions, a national art competition and more, starting from 1 April to end November, Lion’s Pride’s hopes to engage everyone – young and old, locals and tourists.
Lion’s Pride is proud to be partnering with orchardgateway as the first part of its national campaign line up starting from 1st April 2019.
The list of Lion’s Pride activities includes:
* Fun, interactive painting workshops for the public and communities to paint their own 20cm Merlion art statues
* A national art competition for the public to take part and ‘Pride’ in as part of the workshops, launching in May 2019 with winners presented at the ISTANA of 28th July 2019
* The public will be able to purchase Singapore inspired Art Statue Merlions, each telling a unique Singapore story from Robinsons department stores and Lagardere at Changi Airport
* A national outdoor art installation of hand painted 1.6m Merlions by local artists, both island wide and across Changi Airport.
* Involvement of art galleries/museums, to participate in a Singapore ‘Art From The Heart’ art trail for the public, culminating in a national exhibition to tour across Singapore both islandwide and Changi Airport culmination in an art auction of these Art Merlions.
So come and join the workshops at orchardgateway from 1 to 7 April 2019!
Take part in the art workshops in creating your own 20cm Merlion. Enter your masterpeice for the National art competition. Take part with your ‘Art From The Heart!’ and help us to paint the first life-size Merlion right before your very eyes and enjoy the Lion’s Pride art mural at orchardgateway which is over 4 metres wide!
With this first Lion’s Pride activity, shoppers at orchardgateway will be able to take part in the workshop free of charge when they make purchases from the participating shops and outlets at orchardgateway for a minimum of 150 SGD*. Alternatively, should you wish to participate in the painting workshops, a fee of S$38 per person will be charged and this includes painting materials and an apron.
These themed painting workshops will take place every day from 1 to 7 April 2019 (11.30am to 9.30pm) at the Atrium of orchardgateway.
The workshops are kindly being hosted by Heartware Network. Heartware Network (estb 2000) is a charitable youth organisation that seeks to ignite the hearts of youths, and impact them with values, character, and skills to make a real difference to the community!
For every Lion’s Pride workshop activity, S$2 will be donated directly to the President’s Challenge.
There are many ways to come on board as a Lion’s Pride partner and create your own ‘Art from the Heart’ Merlion and support the Singapore communities in need… Please connect with the Lion’s Pride team and make a difference.
Have fun and take pride!
Join in this meaningful journey. Give Freely, Live Fully.