Celebrate this Chinese Festivity with Rising Stars – SPOP SING! Champion Jarrell Huang and Bonnie Loo.
Different to its past series, Happy Chinese New Year 2019 focuses on the celebration of home-grown talents and performances, presenting myriad showcases of your favourite Mandopop and classic Chinese music repertoire. Happening on 17 Feb 2019 (Sun) at the China Cultural Centre Theatre, the concert will be conducted by Ding Yi Music Company’s Assistant Conductor Wong De Li, Dedric (黄德励), with special performance by 2018 SPOP SING! champion, Mediacorp Artiste Jarrell Huang (黄俊融) and Mediacorp Artiste Bonnie Loo (罗美仪).
Ding Yi’s suona musician and National Chinese Music Competition Suona Open Category first runner-up, Jacky Ng (黄永和) will also stage his debut performance with Ding Yi. He will be joined by Ding Yi’s pipa musician and National Arts Council Young Artist Award recipient Chua Yew Kok (蔡友国), and guzheng musician Yvonne Tay (郑怡雯), performing their renditions of popular Chinese music compositions, such as Jiang Ying’s Limitless (姜莹 作曲 《无极》) and Liu Chang’s Rippling Brook Capriccio (刘畅 作曲《小河淌水随想曲》)
To find out more about Ding Yi’s Pipa Musician and National Arts Council Young Artist Award recipient Chua Yew Kok (蔡友国) who is involved in this production, please read our exclusive interview with him at http://ourparentingworld.com/happy-chinese-new-year-concert-2019-and-exclusive-interview-with-chua-yew-kok-ding-yi-pipa-musician/
“We are really happy to invite Jarrell and Bonnie with Ding Yi to perform popular Mandapop favourites.” says Dedric. “We have also specially rearranged familiar Chinese New Year music into a groovy and upbeat arrangements giving a new life to the festive classics, hoping to attract more young audiences to come for this concert.”
The performance will be held on 17 February (Sunday), 3.30pm and 7.30pm at the China Cultural Centre Theatre (Level 4).
Happy Chinese New Year Concert 2019 欢乐春节 – 新春音乐会 2019
Show Date: 17 February 2019, Sunday
Show Time: 3.30pm & 7.30pm
Venue: China Cultural Centre Theatre (Level 4)
Ticket prices: $28
To find out more and to purchase the tickets, please visit https://www.sistic.com.sg/events/chcny0219
Good News! Giveaway Alert! In addition, thanks to Ding Yi Music Company, we are giving away a pair of tickets to TWO lucky readers for you and your partner to enjoy Happy Chinese New Year Concert 2019 欢乐春节 – 新春音乐会 2019 on 17 February 2019, Sunday at 3.30pm. Don’t miss this opportunity to enjoy great music! To WIN the tickets, please visit Our Parenting World Facebook Page at this LINK. Hurry, giveaway will close on 6th February at 23:59Hr. Thank you and Good Luck!
Giveaway Closed and Winners Announced, for winners’ details, please visit Our Parenting World Facebook Page at this LINK.
Terms and Conditions
Entry into the giveaway contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. The rules of the giveaway contest and how to enter are as follows:
1) The prize is as stated, subject to change and fulfillment by the sponsors. Winners are not allowed to change the prizes. The prize will be non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for other products/dates/times. The sponsors reserve the right to amend the giveaway contest, substitute any prize or with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
2) All participants have the opportunity to win as long as you have completed and fulfilled all the steps/requirements specified on the giveaway contest. Please make sure your likes and shares are set to public for verification purposes. Incomplete entries and fake accounts will be disqualified at the discretion of the organisers.
3) Winners of past giveaways in the last one month will not qualify for this giveaway, please wait till after one month from the date that you have won to participate in the current giveaways.
4) Giveaway contest is open to all Singapore residents with a valid Singapore mailing address
5) The organiser (ourparentingworld.com) is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with the giveaway contest by the sponsors.
6) Winners will be notified by email /Facebook/Instagram after the contest has ended. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and or pick a replacement winner.
7) The organiser reserves the right to cancel the contest if circumstances arise outside of its control.
8) The sponsor’s and the organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the giveaway contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9) Other terms & conditions apply.
Pingback: Happy Chinese New Year Concert 2019 and Exclusive Interview with Chua Yew Kok – Ding Yi’s Pipa Musician