The European Union Film Festival (EUFF), Singapore’s longest running foreign film festival, is back for its 28th edition. Film buffs will be excited to know that the EUFF, is well-known for showcasing the best of contemporary European cinema, will run from May 10 to May 20, 2018. All films will be screened at the iconic National Gallery Singapore.
The 28th EUFF will be presenting over 20 films from across Europe with Austria as the featured country this year. The festival opens with Fly Away Home, a film set in 1945, Vienna where the powder keg of war and the Russian occupation is seen through the innocent eyes of nine-year old Christine.
The festival will continue EUFF’s long tradition of collaborating with a Singaporean film school. Partnering for the fourth time with Ngee Ann Polytechnic’s School of Film and Media Studies, the EUFF will present short films by students and alumni of the school alongside the official film selection.
In this landmark year, the 28th EUFF is proud to showcase the EU-SINGAPORE-ASEAN special collaboration with a presentation of the fim Fragment, an omnibus film celebrating the strength and diversity of South-East Asian independent cinema. Made up of a collage of ten stories, each story distinctively embraces the other’s subjectivities.
Other children-friendly films from this festival include The Stronghold (Ukraine), Mother Knows Best (Portugal), and Custody (France).
EUFF 2018 Dates & Ticketing The EUFF will take place from 10 to 20 May and will be held at the National Gallery Singapore.
Festival tickets are priced at $12 and are available for sale through SISTIC from 9 April. Concessions are extended to National Gallery Singapore members, those aged 55 years and above, NSFs, students, Singapore Film Society members, and group purchases of 6 tickets or more ($1 off per ticket).
To purchase the tickets at SISTIC, please visit
Please visit www.euff.sg for more information and updates on the 28th European Union Film Festival.
Grandpa More Dangerous Than Computer
In 2018, Latvia marks its 100th anniversary and this is the rst lm released from the official ‘Latvia Centenary’ movies. This delightful story is about 8-year-old Oskar’s summer “vacation” in the countryside. His parents “swap” the computer for his granddad to protect their child from the dangerous influence of the Internet. What begins as a seemingly never-ending struggle with his Grandpa, soon turns into solid friendship allowing the two to rescue Grandma from her former student’s scheme.
Show date and time: 13 May, Sunday at 1.30pm
Duration: 80 mins, Latvian with English subtitles
Selection of Taiwan International Children’s Film Festival 2018 competition. Only 5 movies out of 1100 movies from 79 countries were selected for the Dramatic Feature category.
Good News! Giveaway Alert! We have a family package of 4 tickets to giveaway for the whole family to watch “Grandpa More Dangerous Than Computer” on 13 May, Sunday at 1.30pm at the iconic National Gallery Singapore! To WIN the tickets, please move over to Our Parenting World Facebook Page to participate at https://www.facebook.com/our.parentingworld/posts/1644210219025896 Hurry, giveaway will close on 30 April 2018 at 23:59Hr. Winner will be announced and notified on 4 May, please check this space for announcement. Thank you and Good Luck! 🙂
Giveaway Closed and Winner Announced, please refer to our Facebook Page for winner’s details at
Terms and Conditions
Entry into the giveaway contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. The rules of the giveaway contest and how to enter are as follows:
1) The prize is as stated, subject to change and fulfillment by the sponsors. Winners are not allowed to change the prizes. The prize will be non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for other products/dates/times. The sponsors reserve the right to amend the competition, substitute any prize or with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
2) All participants have the opportunity to win as long as you have completed and fulfilled all the steps required by the giveaway contest. Please make sure your likes and shares are set to public for verification purposes. Incomplete entries and fake accounts will be disqualified at the discretion of the organisers.
3) Winners of past giveaways in the last one month will not qualify for this giveaway, please wait till after one month from the date that you have won to participate in the current giveaways.
4) Giveaway contest is open to all Singapore residents with a valid Singapore mailing address
5) The organiser (ourparentingworld.com) is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with the giveaway contest by the sponsors.
6) Winners will be notified by email /Facebook/Instagram after the contest has ended. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and or pick a replacement winner.
7) The organiser reserves the right to cancel the contest if circumstances arise outside of its control.
8) The sponsor’s and the organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the giveaway contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9) Other terms & conditions applied.