Fans of the adorable ‘hungry caterpillar’ will be delighted at its return in The Very Hungry Caterpillar & Other Eric Carle Favourites by Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia, Canada, presented by ACT 3 International.
This magical work of black light theatre brings together the beloved tales of award-winning children’s book illustrator and writer Eric Carle – The Very Hungry Caterpillar; Little Cloud and The Mixed Up Chameleon – and is suitable for 3 to 6 year olds. It will be staged at Victoria Theatre from 6 to 15 October 2017.
ACT 3 International presents The Very Hungry Caterpillar & Other Eric Carle Favourites by Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia, Canada
Three meaningful stories will be presented – The Very Hungry Caterpillar follows the adventures of a tiny and hungry caterpillar and its eventual metamorphosis into a beautiful butterfly, what does it chomp along the way? Little Cloud is a charming little tale of how it decides to stray away from his fellow mates to go on an adventure that finds him morphing into various objects such as a sheep, clown and even a shark! And finally, in The Mixed Up Chameleon, toddlers will be able to associate colours and meanings to objects through the reptile who eventually embraces his uniqueness after an identity crisis happens. Mermaid Theatre’s version mirrors the book’s stunning illustrations drawn in thick, brilliant brushstrokes of blues, greens and reds.
Benefits of ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar & other Eric Carle Favourites’ for children
This timeless production is the perfect platform to introduce drama to children as it is a captivating showcase of stunning visual effects, innovative shadow puppetry, and vibrant music. Within a short span of one hour, little ones will be also be enriched by knowledge of science, the arts and even morality – all inspired by the themes highlighted in the storybook. This triple bill will enthral the young with its magical transformation of well-loved tales into a larger-than-life piece of theatre. Elaborates Ms Ruby-Lim Yang, Artistic Director of ACT 3 International: “Eric Carle’s art and narrative are so pure and elegant. Nothing should hold us back from making this the first theatre experience for very young children!”
ACT 3 International presents The Very Hungry Caterpillar & Other Eric Carle Favourites
Show Dates and Time:
Friday, 6 – Sunday, 15 October 2017Weekdays: 10am
Weekends & 6 October 2017 (Children’s Day): 10.30am & 2.30pm
Standard: S$28, S$25, S$18
Standard: S$48, S$38, S$25 (including Fri, 6 Oct 2017)
Standard with Backstage Tour: S$63, S$53, S$40 (including Fri, 6 Oct 2017)
Inclusive of 40-minute backstage tour for 6 Oct 2017 (10.30am & 2.30pm) & Saturday/Sunday, 10.30am shows.
*For School Group Bookings, please call ACT 3 International at 6735 9986
For more information and to purchase the tickets at Sistic, please visit:
GOOD NEWS! Thanks to ACT 3 International! We have a Family Package of 4 tickets to giveaway for the lucky winner and family to watch ACT 3 International presents ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar & Other Eric Carle Favourites’ on 6 October 2017, Friday (Children’s Day) at 2.30pm. Celebrate Children’s Day by bringing your kids to watch this very delightful show! Here’s how to enter the giveaway: 4) COMMENT on this website post at the Comment Box below, the show, The Very Hungry Caterpillar & Other Eric Carle Favourites is presented by which company? Hint: Answer is at the sign marked * Hurry, giveaway will close on 30 September 2017 at 23:59Hr. The lucky winner will be chosen at random and announced through Website and Facebook on Ist October 2017. Please ensure that Step 1, 2, 3 and 4 are completed in order to qualify for the giveaway. Winner please kindly confirm your prizes within 24 hours of announcement of your winning on our Website and Facebook page or another winner will have to be chosen. Thank you and Good Luck! 🙂
ACT 3 International’s Terms and Conditions apply:
– Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for other dates/times
– Prize does not include backstage tour
– Show is recommended for 3 to 6 year olds
– Winner to provide full name and NRIC number for our records
– Winner to come by the venue on the day of performance, up to 1 hour before show time, with original IC to claim tickets
– Child aged 1 year old and older or adult must have a ticket to enter
– Children younger than 1 year old will not be admitted
– Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
Giveaway Closed and Winner Announcement – 3 October 2017
Dear Valued Readers,
Thank you so much for your participation in the giveaway!
Drumroll … We are pleased to announce the lucky winner is Lai Siew Ling
Congratulations! Please also refer to Our Parenting World Facebook announcement. We will be contacting you for your prizes collection.
Thank you to our kind sponsor, ACT 3 International for the fabulous prizes to our readers.
Thank you to each and every one of you, please stay tuned to our coming giveaways! 🙂
Terms and Conditions
Entry into the giveaway contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. The rules of the giveaway contest and how to enter are as follows:
1) The prize is as stated, subject to change and fulfillment by the sponsors. Winners are not allowed to change the prizes. The prize will be non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for other products/dates/times. The sponsors reserve the right to amend the giveaway contest, substitute any prize or with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
2) All participants have the opportunity to win as long as you have completed and fulfilled all the steps/requirements specified on the giveaway contest. Please make sure your likes and shares are set to public for verification purposes. Incomplete entries and fake accounts will be disqualified at the discretion of the organisers.
3) Winners of past giveaways in the last one month will not qualify for this giveaway, please wait till after one month from the date that you have won to participate in the current giveaways.
4) Giveaway contest is open to all Singapore residents with a valid Singapore mailing address
5) The organiser (ourparentingworld.com) is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with the giveaway contest and by the sponsors.
6) Winners will be notified by email /Facebook/Instagram after the contest has ended. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and or pick a replacement winner.
7) The organiser reserves the right to cancel the contest if circumstances arise outside of its control.
8) The sponsor’s and the organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the giveaway contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9) Other terms & conditions apply.