Capilano, a Australian honey brand has launched the world’s first clinically-tested honey with naturally occurring prebiotics, Beeotic! Our Parenting World team attended the media launch where Dr Ben McKee, Chief Executive Officer and and Managing Director of Capilano Honey and Professor Patricia Conway, Microbiology and Immunology specialist at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) shared more insights of Beeotic at the event.
Beeotic® is the result of extensive research and a world-first clinical study conducted through the University of New South Wales (UNSW) to identify the widely recognised, but until now unproven, prebiotic health potential of selected Australian honeys.
Dr Ben McKee shared that “The launch of Beeotic® allowed Capilano to cement its role in the lives of health-conscious consumers around the world. We know that our consumers care about their health and wellbeing, and we are immensely proud to be able to deliver an industry-first honey product that gives people the option to improve their overall digestive health whilst enjoying their favourite great-tasting honey.”
He pointed out that “Capilano had made a considerable investment into developing industry-first testing methods to identify honeys that deliver this prebiotic content. Each batch of Beeotic® honey is independently tested using our pioneering technology which we are in the process of patenting. The tests look for particular sugar profiles in order to identify which honeys contain the required prebiotic components. Nothing is added, nothing is taken away, Beeotic® is just 100% pure Australian honey. Best of all this premium quality honey with naturally occurring prebiotics is made right here in Australia, hand collected by our network of Australian beekeepers.”
Professor Patricia Conway further elaborated that “Honey has been used to help normalise digestive balance for many years. The focus of the clinical study was to scientifically validate the specifications of a prebiotic honey to deliver consumers certainty around its potential health and wellness benefits.”
She stressed that “Consuming prebiotic rich foods can help the good bacteria in your gut grow, improving the good-to-bad bacteria ratio and therefore helping improve your digestive health. The results of the clinical study found that at a dose of 14ml, approximately one tablespoon per day, certain honeys significantly raised the levels of good bacteria and suppressed potentially harmful bacteria in the digestive tract. Furthermore, levels of good bacteria decreased once the participants stopped taking the honey for a period of time.”
It is beneficial for you to take one tablespoon of prebiotic honey daily! The best part is that raw honey does not go bad!
Beeotic is now available in Singapore at all leading supermarkets (NTUC, Giant and Cold Storage) in Singapore in two BPA-free PET variants: 340g jar (RSP with GST: $16.80) and 500g upside down (RSP with GST:$22.00).
Additional information of Beeotic:
- Consuming prebiotic rich foods (e.g. Jerusalem artichoke, onion, garlic, leek, asparagus) can help the good bacteria in your gut grow, improving the good-to-bad bacteria ratio and therefore helping improve your digestive health.
- Honey has been used to help normalise digestive balance (by raising levels of good bacteria and suppressing potentially harmful ones in the digestive tract) for many years. The scientific community has long believed honey to be a good source of prebiotics and this is now evidenced with human clinical studies.
- Capilano has made considerable investment into developing industry-first testing methods to identify honeys that deliver this prebiotic content.
- Beeotic® is 100% pure Australian honey. The name ‘Beeotic®’ comes from the incredible natural phenomenon in which, during the process of converting nectar into honey, bees add special enzymes that help create prebiotic sugars in conjunction with their own diverse gut microbiota.
- Beeotic® allows consumers that are increasingly conscious about their health and well being to improve their overall digestive health simply by consuming a daily dose of 14ml (equivalent of 1tbsp) of great-tasting Beeotic® honey.
- Beeotic® is halal-certified and is recommended for children 12 months and up.
Capilano Honey can also be found at the following social platforms:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ capilanohoney
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/capilanoh oney