Happy 18th Anniversary to Din Tai Fung Singapore!
Din Tai Fung, ranked as one of the world’s Top Ten Best Restaurants by The New York Times, celebrates its 18th Anniversary in Singapore with a new, limited time only Steamed Pork & Dried Scallop Tang Bao 瑶柱鲜肉灌汤包 (S$12.80 per piece), that will be available from 1 to 31 October 2021 at all Din Tai Fung restaurants except Republic Plaza. In addition, Din Tai Fung is also hosting a special social media giveaway that invites its fans to share their favourite memory of the brand over the past 18 years, with a total of S$1,800 worth of Din Tai Fung prizes and merchandise to be won.
Din Tai Fung is renowned for its exacting culinary and service standards, has garnered a loyal following since its inception in Singapore in 2003 especially for its award-winning Fried Rice and world-famous Steamed Pork Xiao Long Bao. In celebration of their 18 years here and to give back to fans of the brand, Din Tai Fung has spent six months curating a larger soup-filled dumpling, traditionally known as guan tang bao. Giving it a twist, the Taiwanese brand has incorporated dried scallops to the flavours of its signature Steamed Pork Xiao Long Bao in this anniversary dish.
All Photos Credit to Din Tai Fung
CELEBRATION CHEERS WITH A TANG BAO (SOUP DUMPLING)
Steamed Pork & Dried Scallop Tang Bao
瑶柱鲜肉灌汤包 S$12.80 per piece
Available from 1 to 31 October 2021, in limited servings daily.
Calling all Xiao Long Bao fans! If you enjoy every mouthful of Din Tai Fung’s signature Steamed Pork Xiao Long Bao, then you should not miss the new, limited time only 18th Anniversary dish – the Steamed Pork & Dried Scallop Tang Bao 瑶柱鲜肉灌汤包, that is bigger and juicier, and will be available for dine-in only at all Din Tai Fung restaurants (except Republic Plaza) from 1st to 31st October 2021, with limited servings daily.
Tang bao, also known as guan tang bao or soup-filled dumpling, are a large, soup-filled type of steamed bun or dumpling in Chinese cuisine. Meticulously handmade and fresh-to-order by a team of dedicated chefs, Din Tai Fung takes its characteristic intricate art-of-making techniques to its rendition of tang bao, which is 70% larger than the regular Steamed Pork Xiao Long Bao and almost as big as the palm of a hand.
Each tang bao is generously filled with tender premium minced pork with the perfect lean to fat meat ratio and shredded dried scallops, steamed to perfection. The umami broth boasts depths of flavour and is complemented by the sweetness from the dried scallops.
To enjoy, insert the straw, that comes served with the dish, into the small opening on top of the tang bao and take short, careful sips of the flavourful, rich broth. After savouring the broth, use a pair of chopsticks to pull apart the tang bao skin to unveil the hot broth. With a spoon, enjoy the tender, juicy meat filling within. The tang bao is recommended by Din Tai Fung chefs to be savoured as it is, without any additional condiments.
WIN 2D1N STAYCATION & S$1,800 WORTH OF DIN TAI FUNG PRIZES
As part of the celebration and to thank all diners for their invaluable patronage and support over the last 18 years, Din Tai Fung is holding a “A Trip Down Memory Lane” social media giveaway via its Facebook page and Instagram (@dintaifungsg) from now to 14 October 2021.
All participants need to do is to follow Din Tai Fung’s Facebook or Instagram account, share their favourite memory or experience at Din Tai Fung, and tag two friends or loved ones. A total of S$1,800 worth of Din Tai Fung prizes and merchandise are to be won, comprising of:
DIN TAI FUNG BAGS BACK-TO-BACK REGIONAL CONSUMER BRAND AWARDS
Despite the challenges faced by the food and beverage industry during these times, Din Tai Fung has continued to secure multiple accolades with consistent standards for its food and service. The brand was awarded Expat Living 2021’s Best Family Restaurant for four consecutive years and Best Value-For-Money Restaurant for three consecutive years. Shortly after, it was awarded the Gold Winner for Reader’s Digest Trusted Brands 2021 (Family Restaurant) for the eighth year running and Gold for the Excellence Service Award (EXSA) 2021 for five consecutive years. The awards were an encouraging testament to the effort and dedication of the restaurant’s commitment to providing customers with an unforgettable dining experience.
18 THINGS YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT DIN TAI FUNG (BUT NOW YOU DO!)
Every bona fide Din Tai Fung fan would know the restaurant’s menu and dishes at their fingertips but there are some lesser known “secrets” that are worth mentioning. Here’s 18 of them:
1. Din Tai Fung originated from Taiwan.
2. Din Tai Fung was originally a retail cooking business before it started as a restaurant, that is now world famous and ranked Top 10 Best Restaurants in the world by The New York Times.
3. Din Tai Fung’s well-loved and cute dumpling mascot is named “Bao Zai” (包仔).
4. There are now 173 Din Tai Fung restaurants across 13 countries.
5. Din Tai Fung’s flagship in Paragon attracted a queue of up to three hours when it opened in 2003.
6. Renowned American chef and food critic, Ken Hom, who named Din Tai Fung as one of the Top 10 Best Restaurants in the world, signed the Din Tai Fung plaque located at Din Tai Fung, Wisma Atria restaurant when he visited Singapore in 2017.
7. Every Din Tai Fung’s Steamed Pork Xiao Long Bao is made of 18 exquisite folds, the golden number for making the perfect Xiao Long Bao.
8. Din Tai Fung’s Steamed Savoury Buns are handmade with 22 intricate folds.
9. The crowd favourite dish, Crispy Golden Prawn Pancake 酥脆腐皮虾饼, is researched and created by the Din Tai Fung Singapore team.
10. Din Tai Fung’s signature brewed beverages use specific beverage-flavoured ice cubes instead of regular ice cubes to ensure a consistent flavour throughout your dining experience.
11. Din Tai Fung’s ginger are finely sliced to exact size and thickness.
12. Din Tai Fung’s dou miao are specially grown and harvested for the restaurant’s exclusive use.
13. All Din Tai Fung’s dimsum chefs have to undergo at least six months of training before they can serve up their first basket of xiao long bao for diners.
14. Power banks are available for complimentary use upon request.
15. Shawls are available for use upon request and are washed and sanitised after every use.
16. Bag holder is available for use upon request.
17. Dining bib for kids are available for use upon request.
18. Din Tai Fung has been awarded Gold, for the Excellence Service Award (EXSA) for five consecutive years (2017 – 2021).
To find out more, please visit: https://dintaifung.com.sg/