Faber-Castell, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-quality products for writing, colouring and creative designs, is proud to present the inaugural ‘Faber-Castell Art Festival’ taking place from 27 May to 4 June 2017 at the Marina Square Central Atrium. Held on a grand scale in a ‘castle’ setting and encompassing 4758 square feet of space, the festival welcomes all to be inspired by the possibilities of art in its many facets, and even try their hand at creating a form of art – regardless of age or experience.
Over nine days that include two weekends, the public can look forward to a wide variety of activities that revolve around the brand’s quality products – ranging from two Singapore record-breaking events, interactive workshops with local and overseas art makers, an art exhibition by local emerging artists and a colouring competition for families. Most of the activities will be held on the weekend.
In addition, a portion of the proceeds from the sale of artworks will be donated to Children’s Cancer Foundation in Singapore. There will also be a wide selection of Faber-Castell products that range from materials for artists, hobby artists, kids, the office, technical drawings and even writing implements on sale, to complement the store on level 2 of Marina Square. For more information, the public can refer to https://www.facebook.com/FaberCastell.Sg/
This coming school holidays, visit Faber-Castell Art Festival where everyone can have fun participating in 9 days of artistic adventures featuring record-breaking events, inspiring workshops and a local art exhibition! Here are the list of activities that you can look forward to participate as follows:
Something for everyone – from beginners to enthusiasts
‘Singapore Book of Records’ milestones
1) Biggest Mosaic by Colour Markers
– The award ceremony is scheduled to take place on 27 May, Saturday at 11am.
2) Longest Banner of Human Figurine Sketches
– The sketching will begin on 27 May, Saturday at 12.30pm.
Creative workshops by local and overseas artists
Encompassing a wide range of genres from brush lettering, watercolour painting, fashion illustration to botanical illustration, the workshops are a wonderland of discovery. They are led by passionate art makers who encourage all to release their inhibitions through creating and let the process guide one through the moment. Faber-Castell products will be used in all workshops and beginners are welcome.
1) Creative Drawing with Peter Draw, Singapore on 3 June, Saturday, 11am to 12pm, FREE
2) Art Experiences with The Lettering Workbook, Singapore on 27-28 May, 3-4 June, $85 per workshop
3) Fashion Illustration with Clayrene, Singapore on 28 May, Sunday, 1pm to 3pm, $130 per person
4) Colour Pencil Illustration with Tiffany Yao, Singapore on 28 May, Sunday, 11am to 1pm, $30 per person
5) Art Experiences with Neh Oh Mee, Singapore Participants will explore the art of brush calligraphy and discover how therapeutic the writing of ‘abc’ can be!
6) Brush Calligraphy on 3 June, Saturday 4.30pm to 7.30pm, $100 per person
7) Let’s Foil! from 8pm to 9pm, $70 per person
Creative Classes with Abbey Sy, Philippines
An artist, designer and author based in the Philippines, Abbey is a freelance artist and designer, workshop instructor and creative entrepreneur.
1) Floral & Foliage Illustration & Mixed Media Workshop with Lucinda Law, Brand Ambassador of Faber-Castell, Singapore on 4 June, Sunday, 10.30am to 12.30pm, $85 per person
1) Family Bonding Art Competition with Hans Art on 27 May, Saturday 1:30pm and 3 June, Saturday 11:30am
2) Badge Making with Puffingmuffin on 27 May, Saturday, 12pm-3pm, free with purchase of any Faber-Castell products
3) Creative Mind Mapping by Mr Thum Cheng Cheong on 28 May, Sunday, 11am to 1pm
For more information, refer to www.facebook.com/FaberCastell.Sg/
Faber-Castell Art Festival
Dates and Time : May 27 to June 4, 2017* from 11am – 9pm.
Venue: Marina Square Central Atrium, 6 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039594.
Good News! Faber-Castell has kindly sponsored ONE hamper of Faber-Castell products worth $50 to giveaway to 1 lucky reader! Here’s how to enter the giveaway: 4) COMMENT on this Website Post at the Comment Box Below “When is Faber-Castell Art Festival being held at Marina Square Central Atrium?” Hint: Answer is at the sign marked * Hurry, giveaway will close on 15 May 2017 at 23:59Hr. Winner will be announced through Website and Facebook. Please ensure that Step 1, 2, 3 and 4 are completed in order to qualify for the giveaway. Winner please kindly confirm your prize within 24 hours of announcement of your winning on our Website and Facebook page or another winner will have to be chosen. Terms and Conditions : – Prizes are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. – Collection of prize will only be at Faber-Castell, 18 Tannery Lane, #02-01/02, Lian Tong Building, Singapore 347780, anytime from 9am to 6pm Thank you and Good Luck! 🙂
Giveaway Closed and Winner Announcement – 18 May 2017
Dear Valued Readers and Friends,
Thank you so much for your participation in the giveaway!
The lucky reader has been randomly chosen to win a hamper of Faber-Castell products worth $50 and we are pleased to announce the lucky winner:
1) Carrie Jingfang
Congratulations! Please also refer to Our Parenting World Facebook announcement. We will be contacting you for your prize collection.
Thank you to our kind sponsor, Faber-Castell for the fabulous prizes to our readers and friends.
Thank you to each and every one of you, please stay tuned to our coming giveaways! 🙂
Terms and Conditions
Entry into the giveaway contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. The rules of the giveaway contest and how to enter are as follows:
1) The prize is as stated, subject to change and fulfillment by the sponsors. Winners are not allowed to change the prizes. The prize will be non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for other products/dates/times. The sponsors reserve the right to amend the giveaway contest, substitute any prize or with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
2) All participants have the opportunity to win as long as you have completed and fulfilled all the steps/requirements specified on the giveaway contest. Please make sure your likes and shares are set to public for verification purposes. Incomplete entries and fake accounts will be disqualified at the discretion of the organisers.
3) Winners of past giveaways in the last one month will not qualify for this giveaway, please wait till after one month from the date that you have won to participate in the current giveaways.
4) Giveaway contest is open to all Singapore residents with a valid Singapore mailing address
5) The organiser (ourparentingworld.com) is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with the giveaway contest and by the sponsors.
6) Winners will be notified by email /Facebook/Instagram after the contest has ended. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and or pick a replacement winner.
7) The organiser reserves the right to cancel the contest if circumstances arise outside of its control.
8) The sponsor’s and the organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the giveaway contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9) Other terms & conditions apply.