Sentosa Development Corporation (SDC), riding on the momentum of its Golden Jubilee celebrations last year, unveiled a new brand identity together with a new tagline, as it refreshes the Sentosa brand to offer both local and international guests new ways of discovering new experiences and celebrating connections on Sentosa.
Sentosa, where discovery never ends
The new brand identity sees the island taking centre stage and reflects Sentosa’s efforts to better connect with its audiences through leisure experiences that play up the island’s natural attributes, while offering guests a breadth of moments and emotions for them to discover on their own.
Ms Thien Kwee Eng, Chief Executive Officer, SDC, said, “Singaporeans and the travellers of the future are both discerning and seeking out high quality leisure experiences that enable them to connect with each other and discover more about themselves. Sentosa is well positioned to meet this need, as the natural island environment inspires SDC to continue to curate new experiences that empower our guests to forge new connections and foster deeper relationships with each other. We hope that more leisure seekers and international travellers will come and experience the many facets of the island and discover a new side of themselves.”
The refreshed brand is anchored on four new brand values:
• Island Soul—A celebration of the natural, physical attributes of the island, including the sun, sand, sea and nature.
• Island Connection—Enabling the creation of experiences for guests to form new connections and
strengthen existing ones, with loved ones and themselves.
• Island Discovery—Igniting curiosity and desire to explore and discover new sides of Sentosa or to use Sentosa as a gateway to new experiences, perspectives and destinations.
• Island Future—Commitment to sustainability and social responsibility towards preserving and invigorating the island for the enjoyment of future generations.
The new tagline ‘Where discovery never ends’ draws inspiration from the island’s many unexpected sights, sounds, and experiences and conveys a promise of the myriad of offerings and sense of renewed self that awaits its guests to discover and experience, with every visit.
Opportune time for a refresh
SDC has always sought to deliver authentic experiences in line with what its guests are looking for, guided by global trends and travel insights over the years. Studies conducted over recent years have shown that the need for leisure and opportunities to bond with one other remains a key human need. In fact, some studies suggested that increasing leisure time could result in better overall wellness. Additionally, according to the 2022 ‘Understanding The New Traveller’ report by WGSN for the SingapoReimagine Global Conversations, some travellers are looking for renewed purpose through new experiences and opportunities for self-discovery.
In view of guests’ evolving needs and the desire to discover new experiences, SDC has delivered new leisure offerings over the course of its Golden Jubilee. These include:
• Sentosa’s inaugural wellness festival, Zentosa Fest, which leveraged Sentosa’s scenic environment and unique natural island setting to become a perfect wellness island retreat, in response to the growing demand for more health and wellness offerings amid the pandemic.
• The inaugural Sentosa Food Fest, spanning 10 consecutive weeks of exciting food experiences which further enabled guests to connect and bond over a hearty meal on Sentosa. Beyond the popular Sentosa GrillFest held on Siloso Beach, the Sentosa Food Fest was also activated at participating businesses across Sentosa Island, empowering guests to discover new cuisines and more ways to bond.
• Explorers of Sentosa, created by internationally renowned Copenhagen-based recycling artist Thomas Dambo, which encouraged guests to explore and search for the hidden family of giants on Palawan Beach.
• A refreshed Sentosa Islander loyalty membership which rewards fans of Sentosa as they enjoy more leisure ways on Sentosa. The programme also allows SDC to better highlight new experiences and rewards to members, further enabling members to discover new experiences when they next visit the island.
More discoveries in the pipeline
Further playing up the sense of discovery in line with its refresh brand positioning, Sentosa will make its first foray into the metaverse, via a virtual space known as SentosaLand. Hosted on gaming platform Roblox, guests can explore and discover a fantastical reimagination of Sentosa Island, while taking a breather from life’s hustle and bustle.
Looking ahead, Sentosa is welcoming a diverse range of new leisure and experiential offerings. These include new low-carbon leisure experiences in the nearby Southern Islands, which will extend the Sentosa getaway and help guests better appreciate the islands’ rich history, flora and fauna.
In addition, guests can also look forward to more offerings coming on-stream, including:
• Tipsy Unicorn Beach Club at Siloso Beach in April 2023
• Raffles Sentosa Resort & Spa – Singapore’s first villa-only hotel featuring 62 villas
• The Palawan @ Sentosa – Shangri-La Group’s upcoming lifestyle precinct at Palawan Beach
• Sentosa Sensoryscape, the first milestone of the Sentosa-Brani Master Plan.
For more information about the new brand identity, please visit https://www.sentosa.com.sg/discoveryneverends.
Featured image credit to Sentosa Development Corporation