Shakespeare’s Globe returns to Singapore with three of the playwright’s most popular plays – Twelfth Night, The Merchant of Venice and The Taming of the Shrew.
How did a company tour in Shakespeare’s day? We know that when the theatres closed, a small group of actors, juggling a variety of roles in three or four plays from their extensive repertoire, would leave London and head off on tour. We also know that the choice of play or entertainment was left to the most powerful person of the household.
Cast your vote!
So, following in the tradition of our resident playwright, a company of eight actors will offer audiences a choice of three plays. And also in keeping with tradition – and with thrilling unpredictability – the choice of play will be put back into the hands of the most powerful members of the house: the audience.
Follow in the tradition of a Shakespearean audience and get involved, raise your hands and shout out loud to cast your vote for your favourite play!
Join us this September to watch one of the three plays on a specific date, or attend one of the Audience Choice shows, where you – the audience- will choose the play just before the performance is set to begin.
The Merchant of Venice – In Venice, the epicentre of consumption, speculation and debt, Bassanio borrows money from his friend Antonio to finance his attempt to win the hand of Portia, a wealthy heiress.
Twelfth Night – In the household of the Countess Olivia, two campaigns are being quietly waged – one by the lovesick Duke Orsino against the heart of the indifferent Olivia; the other by an alliance of servants and hangers-on against the high-handedness of her steward, the pompous Malvolio.
The Taming of the Shrew – Two wealthy sisters in Padua must be married off. The modest, demure Bianca has no shortage of suitors, but who on earth will take the wild, ungovernable, ‘shrewish’ Kate?
Shakespeare’s Globe on Tour Live on Stage
Show Dates and Time:
Tuesday, 18 – Saturday, 22 September 2018
The Merchant of Venice: Tuesday 7.45pm
Twelfth Night: Wednesday 7.45pm
Twelfth Night: Thursday 7.45pm
The Merchant of Venice: Friday 2.30pm
The Taming of the Shrew: Friday 7.45pm
Audience Choice: Saturday 2.30pm
Audience Choice: Saturday 7.45pm
SOTA Concert Hall
(Excludes Booking Fee)
Standard: S$148, S$128
Limited View: S$108
Restricted View: S$88
To find out more and to purchase the tickets at Sistic, please visit https://www.sistic.com.sg/events/cshake0918
Good News! Giveaway Alert! Thanks to ABA Productions and Shakespeare’s Globe, we have a pair of tickets for 1 lucky reader to bring your partner to watch Shakespeare’s Globe on Tour Live on Stage for The Merchant of Venice on Tuesday, 18th September 2018 at 7.45pm at SOTA Concert Hall – 1 Zubir Said Drive, Singapore 227968. To participate in the giveaway, please move over to Our Parenting World Facebook Page at https://tinyurl.com/y9ys8jjn Hurry, giveaway will close on 10 September at 23:59Hr. Winner will be announced and notified on 12 September, please check this space for announcement. Thank you and Good Luck! 🙂
Giveaway Closed and Winners Announced, please go to Our Parenting World’s Facebook for Winner’s Announcement as follows: https://tinyurl.com/y9ys8jjn
Terms and Conditions
Entry into the giveaway contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. The rules of the giveaway contest and how to enter are as follows:
1) The prize is as stated, subject to change and fulfillment by the sponsors. Winners are not allowed to change the prizes. The prize will be non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for other dates/times. The sponsors reserve the right to amend the competition, substitute any prize or with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
2) All participants have the opportunity to win as long as you have completed and fulfilled all the steps required by the giveaway contest. Please make sure your likes and shares are set to public for verification purposes. Incomplete entries and fake accounts will be disqualified at the discretion of the organisers.
3) Winners of past giveaways in the last one month will not qualify for this giveaway, please wait till after one month from the date that you have won to participate in the current giveaways.
4) Giveaway contest is open to all Singapore residents with a valid Singapore mailing address
5) The organiser (ourparentingworld.com) is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with the giveaway contest by the sponsors.
6) Winners will be notified by email /Facebook/Instagram after the contest has ended. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and or pick a replacement winner.
7) The organiser reserves the right to cancel the contest if circumstances arise outside of its control.
8) The sponsor’s and the organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the giveaway contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9) Other terms & conditions applied.