Do you like Italian cuisine?
Goodnews! The 6th edition of the International Week of Italian Cuisine in Singapore has launched today at Casa Barilla on 15 November, will start on 22nd November, promoting Italian culinary excellence, with a focus on growing exchanges between Italian traditions and Singaporean flavors. Sustainability and heritage will be some of the keywords in the list of initiatives that will take place until 28 November 2021.
Italian Ambassador in Singapore, H.E. Mario Andrea Vattani shared that “Singaporeans are more and more curious about Italian food, and they have a very broad view of culinary culture, which goes from top restaurants to lively hawker centers. As Italians, we experience the cuisine as an open language. This allows us to move freely within the richness of our own regional and territorial identities. I believe that this particular approach to our own varied heritage resonates with Singapore, a truly international hub of comparison and coexistence between flavors and cultures.”
Foodies can look forward to multiple events, both in-person and online, aim to introduce Italy’s gastronomic culture and flavors to the people of Singapore and to share the love for Italy’s simple but high-quality cuisine. The week will include special promotions involving Italian restaurants, food, and wine marketplaces, and online platforms, with workshops and cooking classes, wine and food tastings, stellar dinners, and charity projects.
The 6th International Week of Italian Cuisine in Singapore (22-28 November 2021): Italian Traditions meet Singaporean Flavours
A whole week of Italian culinary heritage, presented by the Embassy of Italy in Singapore, promoted by the Italian Trade Agency (ITA), and supported by the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (ICCS), the Italian Academy of Cuisine – Delegation of Singapore (AIC), APICS (Italian Cultural Center Singapore), IWG (Italian Women’s Group), and other partners (chefs, restaurant owners, importers, distributors, producers, e-commerce).
Here is a list of the major events as follows:
17 November (Preview) – Online cooking class at Casa Barilla, presented by Italian Women’s Group with Barilla’s Executive Chef Andrea Tranchero. Proceeds will go for charity.
18 November – Official Opening of the 6th Edition of the “International Week of Italian Cuisine” by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Luigi di Maio. The event will be streamed on the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Youtube channel from 11:00 am to 12:00 am (Rome Time) at the following links:
21 November (Kick-Off) – “A Taste of Italy” Sunday Luxe event, presented by the Embassy of Italy in collaboration with At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy. The Chefs who will take part in the event:
- Angelo Ciccone, Executive Chef at Regent Hotel
- Michele Greggio, Executive Chef at Pan Pacific Hotel
- Fabio Granata, Executive Sous Chef at St Regis Hotel
- Simone Fraternali, Chef-Partner at Solo Ristorante
- Italian Street Food Week, promoted by the Italian Trade Agency
- E-Commerce Fair Price initiative, promoted by the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Singapore
- Special offers of Italian products on the online shops of selected importers and distributors.
More information about the promotion and special offers can be found on the distributors’ websites:
- Alimentari General Store: https://alimentari.com.sg
- Angra Wine and Spirits: http://angra.com.sg
- Clessidra: http://www.clessidra.com.sg
- Enjoy-Italy by WLF PTE LTD: https://enjoy-italy.asia
- Ferrari Food + Wine: http://www.giorgio-ferrari.com
- Good Food: https://www.goodfood.com.sg
- Italian Wine Club: http://www.itwineclub.com
- Jupiter 57: https://www.jupiter-57.com
- Wine List Asia: https://www.winelistasia.com
- Gelato Festival (in collaboration with At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy, Carpigiani Gelato University, Venchi, Pepino and Alfero Gelato). More information about the promotion and special offers can be found on the distributors’ websites: http://www.venchi.sg, https://www.alferogelato.com, https://alimentari.com.sg (for Pepino)
- Campari Cocktail Experience. A list of selected bars and restaurants will be offering Campari cocktails. More at: https://www.campari.com/it
23 November – “Dining with Stars – CIAK Si Mangia!” Italian Cuisine in Cinema (Zoom Live Course), presented by APICS. The webinar will be available at: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/7798856051
27 November – “An Italian Night with Countess Massimilla di Serego Alighieri”, presented by APICS. The event will be streamed via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87621934984?pwd=ektVbDAvYThtL1ZqZnl0bUtZTG91UT09
Interview with Ilaria Bertinelli on “Modernity of typical Italian products”, promoted by the Italian Academy of Cuisine: https://youtu.be/eUhImjlpGJg
From 28 November onwards – Italian-focused content and classes with various Young Chefs & Private Chefs, at At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy.