The Social Kitchen (TSK) launched its newest outlet at the Supertree Observatory in Gardens by the Bay. This is Singapore’s first social enterprise cloud kitchen that involves in hiring beneficiaries, helping the disadvantaged communities, and encouraging sustainable meat lifestyles across different venues.
Bringing onboard TSK’s trusted partners, Singaporeans can look forward to the sustainable and accessible no-meat options from The Vegetarian Butcher, long-missed sweet treats from Boufe and specialty drinks from The Ginger Pantry and The Chambers by Cask. Supporting TSK are two other brands, Leckerbaer, famous Danish reinvented butter cookies and Pioneer of the beloved Mille Crêpes Lady M, that offered a selection of delightful bakes.
Alvin Yapp, co-founder of The Social Kitchen shared that “We hope that Singaporeans will take this opportunity to be tourists in our sunny island and visit one of Singapore’s top attractions. Tuck into delicious food from our valued partners as we continue to eat good and do good, providing employment for our beneficiaries and their caregivers, and supporting the disadvantaged communities.”
About TSK’s Employment of Beneficiaries
- The Social Kitchen’s mission is to maximise food businesses through maximising lives.
- Provide inclusive employment of people from disadvantaged communities pegged towards market rates, with training provided by the F&B companies.
- The staff will be paid a market rate of around $1,200 per month (entry level) onwards and with full benefits for full-time employment, or flexibility for part-time employment.
- Proof-of-concept of a financially sustainable business employing people from disadvantaged communities with plans to grow to 50 kitchens across Singapore.
- To date, TSK has employed and trained 10 beneficiaries.
Gardens by the Bay DCEO Lee Kok Fatt shared that “As a people’s garden, Gardens by the Bay is always exploring new ways of reaching out to the community and making this a garden for all Singaporeans. Located at our iconic Supertree Observatory, The Social Kitchen not only enables us to help vulnerable groups and give back to the society, but also adds to our visitors’ experience, offering them another F&B option at the Gardens. We are happy to be a part of this meaningful initiative.”
Curry No Chicken with Kueh Pai Tee (L), Milky Way (M) and NOMEATBALL Tomato Pasta (R)
Images credit to The Social Kitchen
Visitors can look forward to enjoy The Social Kitchen x Gardens by the Bay Promotion as follows:
- Each Supertree Observatory ticket is entitled to a $6 off food purchase from The Social Kitchen.
- Promotion is valid with a minimum purchase of $6.
- Customers simply need to show their Supertree Observatory Ticket / e-Ticket to The Social Kitchen cashier before payment to deduct the $6 off their purchases.
- The $6 discount cannot be exchanged for cash, in part or full and is valid for a single transaction only.
Singaporeans are now able to grab a bite while enjoying the stellar view from the Gardens’ tallest Supertree as well as contribute towards TSK’s commitment to provide employment opportunities for beneficiaries.
About The Social Kitchen (TSK)
The Social Kitchen Pte Ltd (TSK) is a social enterprise that provides employment to the vulnerable communities. Launched in August 2020, TSK partners community and global organisations such as YMCA and Unilever to operate their kitchens, cafes and restaurants, converting under-utilised spaces into cloud kitchens. Headed by Ang Kian Peng and Alvin Yapp, winners of the President’s Volunteerism and Philanthropy Award, TSK works with well-loved local heritage F&B brands and innovative F&B concepts such as offering plant-based products.
The Social Kitchen’s Locations
- The Social Kitchen @ YMCA
- The Social Kitchen x The Vegetarian Butcher @ Jurong Bird Park
- The Social Kitchen x Ginger Pantry @ Church of St Mary of the Angels.
- The Social Kitchen @ Gardens by the Bay.
To find out more about The Social Kitchen, please visit http://www.thesocialkitchen.com.sg/