Our Parenting World is so excited to be back at one of our favourite hangouts at Sentosa, the Skyline Luge Sentosa! As its regulars, we are certainly thrilled to know that Skyline Enterprises, the diversified tourism company has invested a $14 million to add on two new Luge tracks and a new Skyride to enhance the ridership experience and reduce waiting time. This is the group first Luge in South-east Asia!
Members of the media and invited guests attended the official launch and introduction by the Emcee.
Speech by Skyline Luge Representative, Danny Luke (General Manager, International Luge). He shared that “The Skyline Luge Sentosa is our first Luge in Southeast Asia. Set in this beautiful landscape with both greenery and the beach in Sentosa, the attraction stands proud as one of the best-loved experiences in Singapore. The boost in infrastructure will mean shorter waiting time, a wider variety of options, and generally more fun for everyone.”
We fully agreed and we have been to the Luge many times, it is always a pleasant ride through the lush greenery and enjoy the breeze while we whizz through the track.
This is followed by a prize-presentation, ribbon-cutting ceremony and champagne popping with Danny Luke (General Manager, International Luge), Mark Quickfall (Executive Chairman, Skyline Enterprises), Ryan Williams (General Manager, Skyline Luge Sentosa), Grant Hensman (Director, Skyline Enterprises) to celebrate the launch.
Now is the moment that everyone is waiting for, to try out the new tracks! The Skyline Luge is a three-wheeled cart. Riders will be briefed on how to maneuver the cart, learn to move forward, stop, turn left and right, test your cart before you start your ride. You are able to control your cart and adjust the speed to go slow or fast.
We are all ready to start our ride! Come and join us! 🙂
Our kids enjoyed the ride so much that they keep going back to take the ride many times, they find it interesting and challenging as they maneuver their cart through the twist and turns of the new tracks.
This is an unique wheeled full-filled gravity ride which gives riders full control over their descent on a purpose-built track that is safe for all ages. Once you try it, it is never enough, you will do it again and again.
Here’s what you can look forward to when you visit Skyline Luge Sentosa:
1) There are two new tracks and a new Skyride that have been added to enhance ridership experience.
2) The new brand Luge tracks featuring twist and turn through the mystical forest specially designed with hairpin corners, long straight and exciting slopes.
3) The new tracks are the 658 metres long Expedition and 638 metres Kupu Kupu, which means “Butterfly” in Malay. The names are from a contest where Skyline Luge Sentosa fans and supporters submitted suggestions.
4) The new Skyride offers scenic free-top adventure on a 4-seater chairlift. Spanning across 315 metres, it gives riders a bird’s eye view of Sentosa, the Singapore city skyline and the South China Sea of up to 16 metres above ground. Riders can look forward to enjoying the breeze and feeling the wind on the 7 to 9 minutes long Skyride in mid-air.
5) At the Imbiah Station starting point of the Luge, riders can take their pick among a variety of Luge tracks. In addition to the existing Jungle 628 metres and Dragon 688 metres trails, riders can dive into the two new brand Luge tracks. It will be an exciting and memorable experiences for family, loved ones and friends as you zoom together down all the four tracks covering 2.6 km in total.
To celebrate the additions with Singapore, Skyline Luge Sentosa will set aside 700 tickets (worth S$15,400) for local charities and community organisations. The relevant organisations may write in to Skyline Luge Sentosa at [email protected] & [email protected] to request for the tickets.
Local residents can also enjoy $3 off the 4 Luge & Skyrides combo (usual price: $28 per pax) from now till the end of the year. They can enjoy the promotion by flashing their Identity Cards at the Skyline Luge Sentosa’s ticketing counter for verification purposes. Each resident is entitled to one redemption.
Skyline Luge Sentosa
Address: 45 Siloso Beach Walk, Sentosa, Singapore 099003
Operating Hours: 10am to 9:30pm
Tel: 6274 0472
For more information about Skyline Luge Sentosa, please visit https://www.skylineluge.com/en/sentosa/ https://www.facebook.com/skylinelugesentosa/
Our Parenting World team is featured in The Straits Times and Lianhe Zaobao 联合早报 sharing our views on the new tracks and skyride at Skyline Luge Sentosa. Visit Skyline Luge for an enjoyable and memorable family friendly fun adventure!
Thank you so much for the great article! We enjoyed going to Sentosa Luge 🙂