Today Our Parenting World would like to share about this important topic on how do parents stay in touch with their children especially for parents who have to do a lot of business travels.
This topic is particularly close to our hearts as Daddy travels. It is important for busy parents like Daddy to stay in touch with Mummy, Gor Gor and Di Di when he is travelling.
Studies have shown that business travelling has become increasingly common as more companies have operations in various countries, a lot of Daddies and even Mummies have to travel because of work. This findings is further confirmed by IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) global survey. It is revealed that as much as 84% of Singaporeans surveyed indicated that they travel at least once a month on business. The survey also revealed that a lack of connectivity while travelling causes the biggest headache for these travellers as they are unable to connect back home.
Daddies and Mummies, do you feel the same? Here are some of the key findings done by IHG revealed the following:
- Singapore business travellers believe that visual online communication is the most effective form of communication with their family
- Singapore business travellers among the top few that spend the most time online in contact with the family (44mins a day)
- 90% of Singapore travellers checks in with their children at least once a day
- Dinner time is the family ritual Singaporean parents miss the most when travelling away from home (highest in the world)
- Singapore parents are also the most likely in the world to Skype their families to share dinner time if Internet connection was free (39%)
- 1 in 3 Singaporeans surveyed has Skyped or talk to their pet when travelling away from home
Fortunately for the invention of WiFi connection, Daddy is able to connect with us wherever he is. It is very important to have internet connection in the hotel room when travelling on business.
The issue is that not many hotels offer free internet, to help busy parents find which hotels have free internet connection? We found out that IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) which is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of nine hotel brands, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn® Hotels and Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN™ Hotels and HUALUXE™ Hotels & Resorts offer free internet worldwide for their members as part of IHG Rewards Club.
What about IHG Rewards Club?
It is formerly known as Priority Club® Rewards, which is the world’s first and largest hotel loyalty programme with industry-leading benefits including no blackout dates for Reward Nights, fast track to Gold Elite status when guests explore IHG’s family of nine trusted brands and points that never expire.
Good news is that visitors and guests can sign up for IHG Rewards Club and all its benefits, on the spot. It is free of charge at any IHG hotel and you can find out more at www.ihg.com/IHGRewardsClub.
Image from the website at www.ihg.com/IHGRewardsClub