Following its Tony-nominated Broadway run in New York, Disgraced has gone on to become the most staged play in the United States in 2016.
This November, director Nate Silver, who was involved with the Broadway production of Disgraced, will come to direct the show for SRT in Singapore. Don’t miss this show!
Amir has worked hard to achieve the American Dream. He’s come a long way from his South Asian roots and has a successful career in law, a beautiful American wife and even a wardrobe of $600 custom-tailored shirts. His life however, begins to unravel when a celebratory dinner with friends leads to a fiery clash about his culture and identity that he’s worked so hard to cultivate. Has Amir removed himself too far from his roots?
“I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to bring Disgraced to Singapore and to the audiences at Singapore Repertory Theatre. I’ve been working on the play since 2012 – off-Broadway, on Broadway, and through a US National Tour. The play is always evolving. Its meaning continues to shift along with the world around us, and its profound resonance is different in every city, and with each individual performance. In short, Disgraced is a contemporary tragedy that presents real, complicated characters wrestling with their place in the world and their humanity. Evidenced by its productions across the globe, there truly is no play that more honestly and directly speaks to this cultural moment and forces us to confront our identities, prejudices, and fears.” Director Nate Silver.
Disgraced, a Pulitzer Prize-winning play by Ayad Akhtar takes you on an “entertaining and thought-provoking” (USA Today) journey, exploring the clash between modernity and faith.
“Disgraced won the 2013 Pulitzer prize, and it isn’t hard to see why. It delves with absolute courage into the most fractious and deadly issues of our times, and it does so without resorting to didacticism or simplification. Conflicting perspectives are thrown up and allowed to settle on the audience, unresolved and troubling. The result is theatre so powerful it leaves marks on the brain”. TimeOut, Melbourne.
“Terrific, turbulent, with fresh currents of dramatic electricity” (The New York Times), Disgraced takes an honest, rare and exciting look into how we define ourselves and our beliefs in the modern world.
Dates: From 16th November 2016*
Prices: From $35 ($15 YOUth tickets and group concessions available)
Venue: KC Arts Centre – Home of SRT
Ticketing: SISTIC at 6348 5555 or http://www.sistic.com.sg/events/cgrace1116
Good News! We have 1 pair of tickets to giveaway to watch Disgraced, the Singapore premiere of the Pulitzer Prize-winning play on Thursday, 24 November 2016 at 8pm. Please ensure your availability to watch the show when entering for the giveaway. No changes to the date and timing is allowed. Here’s how to enter the giveaway: 2) LIKE and SHARE Our Parenting World Facebook Post on Tickets Giveaway: Singapore Repertory Theatre presents Disgraced, the Singapore premiere of the Pulitzer Prize-winning play! (<– Please click the link provided to go directly into Facebook Post) 4) COMMENT on this website post at the comment box below “When will Disgraced start showing?” Hint: Answers is at the sign marked * Hurry, giveaway will close on 9 November 2016 at 23:59Hr. Winner will be announced through Website and Facebook. Please ensure that Step 1, 2, 3 and 4 are completed in order to qualify for the giveaway. The entries will be verified by the Organisers. Winner please kindly confirm your prize within 48 hours of announcement of your winning on our Website and Facebook page or another winner will have to be chosen. This giveaway is only for fans of Our Parenting World (OPW). The prizes are proudly sponsored by Singapore Repertory Theatre. Thank you and Good Luck!
Terms and Conditions
Entry into the giveaway contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. The rules of the giveaway contest and how to enter are as follows:
1) The prize is as stated, subject to change and fulfillment by the sponsors. Winners are not allowed to change the prizes. The prize will be non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for other products/dates/times. The sponsors reserve the right to amend the giveaway contest, substitute any prize or with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
2) All participants have the opportunity to win as long as you have completed and fulfilled all the steps/requirements specified on the giveaway contest. Please make sure your likes and shares are set to public for verification purposes. Incomplete entries and fake accounts will be disqualified at the discretion of the organisers.
3) Winners of past giveaways in the last one month will not qualify for this giveaway, please wait till after one month from the date that you have won to participate in the current giveaways.
4) Giveaway contest is open to all Singapore residents with a valid Singapore mailing address
5) The organiser (ourparentingworld.com) is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with the giveaway contest and by the sponsors.
6) Winners will be notified by email /Facebook/Instagram after the contest has ended. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and or pick a replacement winner.
7) The organiser reserves the right to cancel the contest if circumstances arise outside of its control.
8) The sponsor’s and the organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the giveaway contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9) Other terms & conditions apply.